We have all done this: the recipe said to constantly stir and bring to a boil but you decide to take a chance and run to the bathroom while your meal is cooking. You only leave for a minute, obviously! But, of course, your food burned and your frying pan is now completely burned. When it’s time to clean it, store-bought cleaning products are not always effective in getting rid of all the burnt food sticking to your pan. Thankfully, there are a few tips and tricks that can help you remove all the burnt food on your frying pan or skillet. Here are a few cleaning tips to try!
1Vinegar and baking soda
Vinegar is an excellent multi-use cleaner. Use it as a disinfectant, a non-toxic window cleaner and to clean dirty frying pans.
- Pour a small layer of equal parts water and white vinegar at the bottom of your pan;
- Heat the diluted vinegar on the stove top and bring to a boil;
- After boiling the vinegar for a minute, remove from the heat and drain the liquid in the sink;
- Add 1 tablespoon baking soda in the empty pan. Baking soda is abrasive and will help remove stains;
- Use a scrubber to scrub the baking soda and tackle tough stains;
- Rinse your pan.